1. If you love hotdogs and you love bacon then you'll love the new Oscar Myer hotdogs stuffed with bacon. Bacon Dogs are on sale everywhere! (Yahoo)
2. The National Transportation and Safety Board is recommending that country drop the legal alcohol limit to .05%. It would only take two drinks for a man to be over the legal limit. (KCStar)
3. The latest trend among the rich involves paying disabled people $1,000 a day to take them around Disney World and avoid standing in the long lines to ride the rides. Join the conversation on Facebook. (New York Post)
4. The Powerball jackpot is $360 million for tonights drawing. It's the 3rd largest Powerball jackpot and the 7th largest jackpot in history. Good Luck!
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Angelina Jolie has revealed that she had both breasts removed after her doctor told her had a high risk of breast cancer. Since then, she had her breasts surgically reconstructed.
I love that she is bringing awareness to breast cancer and speaking out, but I wish she would also speak out on how she was able to do this because insurance helped to cover the test and procedures.
Celebrity psychologist Dr. Joyce Brothers dies yesterday at the age of 85. There's no word on the cause of death.
Angie Everhart is undergoing surgury today for thyroid cancer. Her rep says "The prognosis is good...and Angie expects to be back to work and to mommy duties in a few weeks."
I wonder if Bruce Jenner will be helping her to recover.
Matthew Perry had an awkward moment when a Fox Sports West reporter asking him about his loyalty to the team and then congratulated him on his show "Go On" being cancelled.
Jaden Smith, the son of Will and Jada Smith, is said to be considering emancipation from his parents, because he wants to live in a home by himself. Will says that he has reservations about Jaden's request, but accepts that the young star wants to control his own life.
Jaden is only 14! Will and Jada need to take a long hard look at who his best friend is (Justin Bieber) and cut that relationship off!
NBC has decided to pull a lot of shows. The list includes "30 Rock", "Animal Practice", "The New Normal", "Smash", "Up All Night" and "Whitney". They are cancelling 11 other shows with 3 others still possibly on the chopping block.
FOX has decided to cancel "Ben and Kate", "Fringe", "The Mob Doctor", "Touch" and "Cops". They're still undecided about "The Cleveland Show".
1. The judge presiding over the trial for "Dark Knight" massacre shooter James Holmes says that he finds 'good cause' to allow the insanity plea for the Colorado guman. (Rueters)
2. Angelina Jolie has revealed that she had both breasts removed to prevent breast cancer. (NYTimes)
4. This is just gross and surprising. In a new survey 50% of people admitted they've gone 3 days or more without showering; usually on weekends. (PRWeb)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Barbara Walters is retiring next summer. She released a statement yesterday, but will make the official announcement today on "The View."
Barbara, you're 83 and have been in broadcasting for more than 50 years...it's about time you retire and give someone else a chance at being in the spotlight!
It's official: Seth Meyers from "Saturday Night Live" will be taking for Jimmy Fallon on "Late Night" next year after Fallon moves to "The Tonight Show". Seth will remain on "SNL" through this fall, until he leaves in January to begin preparing for "Late Night".
I'm still disappointed that they didn't chose a woman to take over one of the spots. There are some very funny women out there that would offer up a great new choice to late night TV.
It's been leaked by a friend of Kate Middleton and Prince William that Kate's due date is July 13. That's right in the middle of the Queen's Corronation Festival. Bookies are now taking bets on the exact date as well as the date of July 1. July 1 is the late Princess Diana's birthday.
There is a lot of chatter about Beyonce expecting her second child with husband Jay-Z. She's been trying to hide her baby bump but hasn't been able to camouflage it well.
Let's see if her stomach collapse's during an interview on this pregnancy like it did the last one.
Alec Baldwin got into a heated argument with his pregnant wife on the street of NYC over the weekend. His wife appeared upset as she turned her face away from Alec while he continued his tirade.
Mark my words, this guy is a ticking timebomb. I see him losing it and doing something really horrible in the future.
1. The body of Lana-Leigh Bailey was found over the weekend in Osage county. (KCStar)
2. It was a tragic start to Mothers Day over the weekend when 19 people were hurt at a parade shooting in New Orleans. (WWLTV)
3. According to the University of North Carolina it's ok to skip the gym. New studies have found that a positive outlook on life and making friends is just as good as diet and exercise. (DailyMail)
4. No one hit the jackpot on Saturday which means the Powerball is now upt to $350 million. It's the 3rd largest Powerball prize ever. The next drawing is on Wednesday. (NBC News)
1. Kansas City comes in at #2 on a nationally ranked list. Congrats KCMO, you're the second most redneck city in the country! (KCStar)
2. According to a study done by Canegie Mellon University you actually become 20% dumber every time a co-worker talks to you. Of course this isn't permanent but it does last for 30 min. after the conversation ends. (Yahoo)
3. A new study found that people believe the best ways to pamper themselves include eating dessert, getting a massage and buying thick fluffy toliet paper. (Daily Mail)
4. In honor of Mothers Day here are a few random facts about moms: the most popular brand among moms in the US is Craftsman Tools, 40% of adults still get mom's advice before making a big decision and 71% of adult women say mom is one of their best friends. (USA Today)
1. Ariel Castro has been charged with four counts of kidnapping and three counts of rape after he confessed to abducting the women. He will make his first court appearance this morning. (USA Today)
2. Jodi Arias was found guilty of first degree murder in Arizona yesterday and could be sentanced to death for the gruesome murder of her boyfriend. (ABC News)
3. Home forclosures continue to drop in both Kansas and Missouri as the housing market continues to show steady improvement. (KCStar)
4. Kia, the puppy that was found earlier this week after spending a month in a locked impounded car at a KC lot is improving and expected to be available for adoption in two weeks. (KCStar)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Choreographer Wade Robson is suing Michael Jackson's estate, claiming Michael molested him when he was a kid. Michael met Wade when he was 5 and started having sleepovers when he was 7.
Here's the problem with his story. In 2005 he was a lead character witness and said under oath that Michael had never touched him. He even raved about Michael and how much he loved him. He was in his 20's when he did this. I'm thinking this is all for a little bit of money.
Lindsey Lohan has completed a 48-hour detox program at Betty Ford, and she's now in an all-female dorm. She doesn't have a roommate yet, but that could change. A source says, "She is adapting to being back at Betty Ford and is very receptive to the care plan that has been created for her."
I'm sure she is receptive, afterall none of the other trips to rehab have helped.
Khloe Kardashian is ready to end her marriage to Lamar Odom. khloe is tired of Lamar's excessive partying and his roaming eye has become a major issue for the couple. Khloe has already talked to her mom and Kris Jenner is on board and even gave Khloe a list of divorce lawyers.
I hate to see this marriage end as it truly seemed real, but if he's not being a good husband maybe it's time to cut the cord.
Sean Lowe and Peta were eliminated from "Dancing with the Stars" last night. The semi-finals start next week.
Carrie Underwood will take over the theme song for "Sunday Night Football." Carrie is replacing Faith Hill who announced last month that she will not be returning for a seventh season. Carrie will sing a new version of "Waiting All Day for Sunday Night".
1. Everyone is talking about Charles Ramsey, the hero who saved the three women who were kidnapped and held hostage for a decade in Cleveland.
2. The Powerball is now at $222 million. Good Luck!
1. Three women were found alive yesterday after being kidnapped and held hostage for a decade. (NBC News)
2. The judge who presided over the Casey Anthony trial told The Today Show yesterday that there was enough evidence to convict Casey of first degree murder and he was shocked with the jury's verdict. (Yahoo)
3. Lego has issued a public apology for the cat-calling sticker of a construction worker in a hard hat waving and saying "Hey Babe!" being in their Lego set. (Yahoo)
1. Scientists have figured out a topical solution that stops hair from going grey! No word yet on when it will go on sale. (Nature World News)
2. According to Wall Street the three most profitable products in the US includes the I-phone, Marlboro cigarettes and Monster energy drinks. (27/7 Wall Street)
3. The US Bureau of Labor and Statistics si now saying that the gender pay gap is a myth. It's simply a matter of women's choices. (FoxBusiness)
1. If you love grabbing a quick bite at one of our local food trucks then you'll love this new app...Truckily. The app will tell you where you're favorite food trucks are around the city. The app is currently only available for the I-phone. (KCStar)
2. Sonics new PB & Bacon shake may sound a little like heaven to bacon lovers but it's not heaven for your waistline. The shake packs a whopping 1,720 calories! (DailyFinance.com)
3. There's a new Guinness World Record set; miracle twins were born 87 days apart. Both babies are healthy. (DailyMail)
1. If you liked to read the Kansas City Star online you'll have to cough up some cash for it now. A trial 1 month subscription is $.99 and a year will run you $109.45. (KCStar)
2. NBA center Jason Collins came out of the closet yesterday and became the first active gay athlete in the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL. (Yahoo.com)
3. In March the company Mars One announced they're offering free one way trips to Mars, which means if you go you to plan on not coming back to Earth. Last week when applications opened up 33 thousand people appplied in the first two days! (Mars-one.com)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Clint Eastwood's wife Dina entered rehab last week to be treated for anxiety and depression. It has come out that this is stemming from stress in her marriage and that she started thinking about divorce. Dina admitted herself to rehab voluntarily and plans on staying there for a few months. Clint had originally said that their marriage was on the rocks but he thought they would recover from it, but over the weekend he was seen without his wedding ring.
Chris Brown's father doesn't think Chirs and Rihanna should be together. He'd rather see Chris with someone like Jordin Sparks because "She's a wholesome young lady, very pretty."
Seriously! Doesn't his dad know what Chris did to Rihanna? Why would he even think someone with class like Jordin Sparks would go for his son?!?
Ashton Kutcher got into a "violent" shoving match with a security gaurd over the weekend at the Stagecoach festival. A fan of Ashton approached him and asked for a picture and autograph. Ashton was happy to oblige when a security gaurd shoved him and the female. Sources are saying it's the gaurds fault, but Ashton did have to be pulled away by his friends.
CBS had a chance of heart and decided to renew "Two and a Half Men" for one more season. Both Ashton Kutcher and Jon Cryer have signed a one-year contract, but Angus T. Jones' status is still up in the air. Word is that he's been dropped as a regular, but he is in talks to remain onboard as a reoccuring character.
1. Google Fiber is earning high marks from early customers in KCK. They're getting those marks because installers are showing up on time, the company notifies customers of any small glitches and the repairs being made and customers are getting unsolicited credits on their bills for small service glitches. (KCStar)
(Photo: Google Fiber)
2. McDonald's is looking at making some changes. Some of the potential changes would include serving breakfast all day, offering a rewards program and a delivery service. Some of these items are currently being tested in various markets across the US. (USA Today)
(Photo: Jeff Kauck, McDonald's)
3. There's a new line of lingerie and it's only for men! The new line is from HommeMystere and includes thongs, teddies, camisoles and more. (Metro)
4. Ladies, if you would like to join me on Friday at Books and Boutiques for a morning filled with shopping, brunch and hearing from their featured artist then please email me for tickets.
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Kim Kardashian has decided that she will not be doing a nude, pregnant photo shoot! Kim's been offered $500,000 to pose nude and she's turned it down because she feels that people will not react well to it and feels gross while she's pregnant.
I think this is a first that no one expected of Kim! I mean she turned down a photo-op AND money...something must really be wrong!
La Toya Jackson says that Michael who loved to tap dance is still tap dancing in his old room. She says "No one's up there...just tap dancing. And the dog barks at his room, the window, ever single night at the same time."
I understand believing in ghosts, but tap dancing seems a little strange.
Amanda Bynes is now making even her friends worry about her and her financial security. She's recently been telling people that she's a "retired multi-millionaire" and claims to have "Mary-Kate and Ashley type of wealth." The problem is that Amanda is spending money right and left while acting very strange and people are wondering if she has a substance abuse problem. Since Amanda is only worth between $5-6 million and the Olsen twins are worth approximately $300 million friends are worried she could be broke in the next year or two.
It's "Big Money Week" on "The Price Is Right", and yesterday, someone had a chance to win a $285,000 Ferrari 458 Spyder. But the contestant lost. The Ferrari is the most expensive prize in the history of the show...until later today, when they'll have a Plinko game worth $500,000.
I've alway wanted to be on that show and now I MUST be on that show!
"X Factor" needs to replace two judges before the new season starts and word on the street is that Jennifer Love Hewitt is being considered for one of the judging spots. Simon Cowell is strongly persuing Jennifer and wants her as badly as he wanted Britney. Rumor is that he even offered her Britney's old salary! If Jennifer won't sign a contract Simon's second choice is Kelly Rowland.
1. The Chiefs picked offensive lineman Eric Fisher as their #1 pick. (KCStar)
2. Southwest Airlines is launching a new "no show" policy where some passengers will forfeit their fares if they fail to show up for a flight without calling to cancel or reschedule. The change is expected to take place next month. (USA Today)
3. For all you Twinkie lovers, you can now rest easy and eat that last box of Twinkies that you've got stashed away. Four Hostess Bakeries will be re-opening soon. The bakery in Emporia will be one of them. We'll see Twinkies hitting the shelves in July. (KCStar)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Gwyneth Paltrow has been named The Most Beautiful Woman in the World by "People" magazine. Other women who made this year's list include Pink, Kerry Washington, Zooey Deschanel, Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lawrence.
Personally, I do not understand why they would pick her! Ladies, we want to know who you think The Most Beautiful Woman in the World is. Join in on the conversation on Facebook.
Bradley Cooper and Rachel McAdams could be the new hot couple in Hollywood! The pair were seen having a very touchy-feely brunch at a cafe in Santa Monica. They spent two hours there and arrived wearing matching motorcycle helmets. A source says they couldn't keep their hands off each other!
That is one seriously sexy couple! I hope they are a new couple and make babies, because that would be the prettiest baby ever.
Gretchen Rossi from "The Real Housewives of Orange County", is engaged to her boyfriend of 4 years, Slade Smiley. She asked for his hand in marriage.
I hope this doesn't become the latest trend where women pay for their own engagement rings and pop the question to the guy. This is for the guys to do, women let him do it!
Clint Eastwoods wife Dina has checked into rehab for help with depression and anxiety. Reps confirm it is NOT for substance abuse.
You know you have too much money when you go to rehab for depression and anxiety. Handle it the way the rest of us do by getting some counseling and having yor family doctor give you some meds!
1. The countdown is on for the Chiefs and the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Chiefs have narrowed it down to two picks; Texas A&M Luke Joeckel and Central Michigans Eric Fisher. (KCStar)
2. The Federal Reserve released the first images of the brand new $100 bill which will go into circulation in October and it's covered in GOLD! (Yahoo)
3. The latest words being elimated by political correctness include "freshman", "fisherman" and "penmanship". They're being replaced with "first year student", "fisher" and "handwriting". (Reuters)
4. People magazine just named the most hated actress, Gwyneth Paltrow as the World's Most Beautiful Woman. (People)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Everyone in Hollywood is talking about America's Sweetheart Reese Witherspoon and her fauxpas with the police in Atlanta when she asked the officer "Do you know who I am?". David Spade however had a great reaction to it! David said "The general rule is...if you have to explain to someone you're famous, then you're technically not that famous."
Well said David! I will admit though, Reese looks VERY different when she's not a blonde and I don't know if I would've even recognized her!
On "The Talk" yesterday, Sharon Osbourne talked about her husband Ozzy's relapse. She said that the media has blown it out of control with the rumors and the truth is that she knew about the alcohol but not the drugs. They are living apart until he gets his act together and is clean for awhile. Her best description was when she said this: "We've dealth with worse and we will deal with it and this too shall pass. Otherwise my husband will be taken to the hospital to get my foot removed from his ass."
Way to go Sharon! I love how committed these two are to their marriage and family. She knows he needs tough love and is giving it to him.
Ben Affleck has taken the "Live Below The Line" challenge and has decided to only live on $1.50 a day for food and drink. He will do this next week starting on Monday and ending the challenge on Friday.
I hope he has a Sams Club or Costco membership so he can go get the $1.50 hotdog and soda combo!
Gwyneth Paltrow is getting some heat for collaborating on a string bikini for little girls that she is selling on her website GOOP. The bathing suit retails for $45. People are complaining that she is helping to sexualize young innocent kids.
Seriously...little girls have been wearing bikini's forever. I wore one when I was little and LOVED it! I just wish I could wear a bikini now but no one wants to see my garbage gut.
The DIY television network will debut "Vanilla Ice Goes Amish" later this year. He will be living with an Amish community in Ohio to learn how they do construction.
I can't beleive he's going to be living the Amish lifestyle...that to me is very funny all by itself!
"American Idol" producers and Fox TV execs recently hatched a "secret" plan to jumpstart the show by replacing Mariah Carey with Jennifer Lopez. Once Mariah got wind of that she threatened to sue and the plan was dropped. They are still in talking of getting Jennifer to appear and perform on the season finale. Another source that they are looking to replace the entire judging panel in hopes to revive the show. If the ratings aren't up next year they believe the show will be pulled.
I can't believe the show is still on. It jumped the shark a few seasons ago and is way past it's prime!
1. Yesterday the AP Twitter account was hacked and a tweet was sent out that stated: "Breaking: Two explosions in the White House and Barack Obama is injured." This was a false alarm and the FBI is investigating. (MyFOX 8)
2. A TV captioning service in Lawrence has apologized for misidentifying "New Girl" star Zooey Deschanel as one of the Boston Marathon Bombing suspects on a news broadcast. The incorrect onscreen text appeared during coverage of Friday's manhunt on a TV station in Dallas. (Yahoo)
3. Nearly half of all Americans agree that we should be weighed when we check-in for a flight at the airport and pay a fee if we are overweight. 63% of Americans agree that if a passenger spills over the edge of their seat with the armrest down they should be made to buy a second seat. (Daily Mail)
4. Men's underwear sales are up, so economic analysts say that's an indication that the economy may be recovering. This comes from the belief that men will wear their underwear way past its prime. (Daily Caller)
1. Boston Bombing suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaez, was formally charged yesterday with using a "weapon of mass destruction against persons and property within the United States resulting in death." He's facing the death penalty or life in prison. (Daily Mail)
2. Say good-bye to saving tax dollars when shopping online because the White House has now endorsed a tax for items purchased on the internet. (Weekly Standard)
3. The latest dangerous prank that's gone viral on YouTube video's is called the Cinnamon Challenge. Doctor's are strongly warning against doing this challenge because eating a spoonful of cinnamon in 60 seconds or less without something to drink or eat with it can cause choking, breathing problems and even collapse a lung. (Yahoo)
4. What would you rather reveal; your weight or your income? If you chose your weight you are not alone! A new study found that 63% of people feel more comfortable revealing their weight than their income. (PRNewsire)
1. The Boston Bombing Marathon suspect is awak and responding to questions in writing. He's in serious but stable condition with wounds to the neck and throat area. (CBS NEWS)
2. Matt Kensith won the Sprint Cup STP 400 yesterday. (KCStar)
3. A new study has found that buying groceries and making your food at home may be healthier but it's not saving you money. The cost of groceries has risen so much that going out to eat costs the same or less than cooking at home! (Patch)
1. Police got one of the Boston bombing suspects early this morning. The suspect was killed. The other suspect is still on the run. (Chicago Tribune)
2. The Chiefs 2013 schedule came out yesterday and their first game is on Sunday, Septemeber 8 at Jacksonville. (KCStar)
3. Men's Health found out that the average man lies 1,092 time per year while the average woman only lies 728 times a year. The number one thing men lie about is their height and for women it's their weight. (Men's Health)
4. Ladies, did you know that 1 out of every 8 women will be effected by breast cancer in their lives? That's why you should come join me tomorrow at the Johnson County Imaging Center for the Think Pink Mammagram Party! Get your mammagram then enjoy brunch and mimosa's with the girls and I'll have your chance to win concert tickets and other great prizes. (Koman)
JENN'S HOLLYWOOD COMMENTARY
Looks like Jennifer Aniston is a fan of the ancient Chinese treatment called Cupping. She was seen with cupping marks on her back yesterday while on the red carpet for the premiere of Lifetimes "Call Me Crazy".
I expect this from other celebrities but not Jennifer. Even more surprising was the fact she didn't try to hide it!
Ooooh....Jennifer Lawerence is jealous of Bradley Coopers new girlfriend Suki Waterhouse. Jennifer's been seen pouting on set of their new film because Bradley is spending all of his time with his girlfriend instead of with her.
Looks like Jennifer has a little crush on Bradley, like we all do. But Jennifer, don't beg for a mans attention; show some self respect!
Rumors are swirling that Rhianna is pregnant with Chris Browns baby and that's the real reason she's had to cancel 4 of her shows on her current tour. She's also been seen leaving one of the top OBGYN's offices in Beverly Hills recently.
If this rumor turns out to be true, that baby is going to need a lot of help with those two as parents! A mom who loves to expose herself and do drugs with a dad who also does drugs and has beat on women...not a good scenario!
It looks like Julianne Hough has moved on quickly from Ryan Seacrest! She was seen dancing, holding hands and kissing "Magic Mike" actor Alex Pettyfer at Coachella. Not to mention she kinda slammed Seacrest when people asked her about her ex, Julianne responded with "That deal is done. I'm completely over him."
Guess she believes in the saying "Easiest way to get over someone is to get under someone else."
LAPD SWAT team swarmed the Hollywood Hills home of "American Pie" star Eddie Kay Thomas after he called 911 to report his hook-up from the night before refused to leave his home the next morning. The woman barricaded herself in the home with a knife and refused to come out. After a couple hour stand-off LAPD had to fire tear gas into the house to force the woman out. When she did come out they arrested her.
Really, you hooked up with Paul Finch then refuse to leave...makes me wonder if he's as good as the movie implies he was!